Kerry Jean Lister from Digital Outlook gave out some brilliant Top Tips about Twitter. Here they are for anybody else interested:-
1. You control the content – it’s a tool for sharing information – don’t get in to many conversations, it’s not very interesting for everybody reading.
2. Be strict about who you follow. Make it relevant to you so that you don’t get lost in too much information.
3. Think before you tweet
4. Make sure you’ve spent some time on your profile page
5. Try TweetDeck or Hootsuite to make life easier
6. Use Twitter lists to follow your separate groups – eg family/social media/friends
7. Only use the 140 characters – don’t go over on to the next one to tell the same story
8. Use the short links rather than keep them long.