First day back at work yesterday – didn’t go quite as well as I’d hoped:-
1. One of my children had nicked my Oyster card which is REALLY annoying when you get to the station without it
2. No seats on the train (sad reminder of the end of the summer holidays)
3. Surprisingly not at all tired with jet lag and great to see everyone in the office even if they’ve all forgotten who I am
4. Got crapped on from above by a very large pigeon at Waterloo on the way home. With my friend. We both did. Actually she was worse than me and got covered from head to foot – I just got the splash back….WHY is being crapped on by a bird deemed to be good luck? Was it a sign? That “Shit Happens…deal with it”, or that I was talking shit? I was in the middle of a deep and meaningful…so it could mean something, but what?
5. Getting off the train the doors shut before I could get out – my friend did and I didn’t so there she was waving at me from the station as I had to go to the next station and trudge much further home…in the rain
6. Daughter having a party on my return home. All glasses out and half full. They were wearing all manner of strange clothing – my dressing gown, jumpers etc so that they can sit outside in the rain. I note this morning all umbrellas still out there upside down and full of water.
7. Sleeping not that easy as house back to full capacity again – what was I thinking missing everyone? This is a nightmare – wee all over loo seat (boys) and noisy talking and door slamming…
8. Got back to my room after making a cup of tea to start getting ready for work to find my eldest had de-camped into my bed on account of it being too small and noisy where he was sleeping – he had an eye mask on and asked me not to make any noise and dim the lights…I AM THE ONLY ONE GOING OFF TO WORK TODAY – ARE YOU JOKING? AM I EXPECTED TO GET READY IN THE DARK?? So he slunk off to another empty bed – the youngest one’s room who has managed to get up and go off to school today.
Welcome back to the post summer blues….