Kung Hei Fat Choy for The Year of The Tiger, that starts on Tuesday this week.
In China the Tiger is indisputably the king of animals. In Chinese astrology he possesses a divine armour, his marvellous striped robe. He is the chief of all animals and is responsible for the protection of children against the evil spirits. We should not approach the Tiger as a rival, but nevertheless respect his strength. They are considered to be loyal, courageous, enthusiastic and generous and brilliant at work but only if their own master.
Tigers adore wandering about at random without knowing what to expect. To tempt fate and to take chances.
Fifteen Tiger Facts for the Chinese Zodiac year of the tiger:-
- Main qualities: Loyalty, courage, enthusiasm, generosity
- Main defects: Imprudence, toughness, selfishness, excessive impulsiveness
- Work: Brilliant, but only if you are your own boss
- Best role: Saviour of the nation, monarch or president (what about all the others?)
- Worst role: Beggar
- Money: Rather spendthrift, ready to take risks but you are lucky
- Luck: To be born at night as your hunting will be more successful
- Cannot live without: The unforeseen
- Adores: Wandering about at random without knowing what to expect. To tempt fate and to take your chances
- Hates: Hypocrisy, scandal-mongering, criticism
- Leisure activities: Visiting a country either on foot or on horseback, but preferably not a car. Anywhere where tourists are scarce. Likes safaris.
- Favourite places: The jungle, the impenetrable brush – in other words – high finance
- Colours: Orange and dark gold
- Plant: Bamboo
- Professions: Any role in which you are the boss – CEO, President, leader…. Other Tiger celebrities include Beethoven, Ho Chi Minh, Marilyn Monroe, Oscar Wilde and John Steinbeck.